Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Meeting of the Minds: Kung Fu Style


I usually don't post random items on this blog but I must share the following exchange that I just heard on the Fox game of the week (Giants @ NY Mets). I literally heard the following discussion between Thom Brennaman and Mark Grace regarding Giant 3B Pablo Sandoval. Note: this has been transcribed exactly as it was spoken on the air:

Thom Brennaman: "For those of us who have not seen that movie, he just looks like Kung Fu Panda? I mean, explain the character."

Mark Grace: "Yes"

Brennaman: "Was, was, was he obviously a big Kung Fu guy, right? A Kung Fu Panda bear who knew how to do Kung Fu, right?"

Grace: "Yeah. Martial arts, right. And ya know, he's like, like Pablo. Just a big cuddly guy - you know - who had great feet, you know. King Fu and the martial arts."

Brennaman: "Gotcha"

Grace: " Yeah"

Brennaman: "OK"

Grace: (Inaudable) "And a pretty face on him - you know - like Pablo."

Brennaman: "Well, his family will love to be hearing you say that."

Grace: "Well, he's just a lovable character. Kung Fu Panda, like Pablo."

Brennaman: "I hear you."

No comments:

Post a Comment