Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy Hump Day With Afternoon Baseball

I woke up feeling great today. Really spectacular. The sun was shining, the birds were singing and I was just raring to get back to blogging. Maybe these feelings had something to do with the fact that there are a number of day games in the majors today. More likely, they were the direct result of the phenomenal success experienced by Absolute-Locks in yesterday's games.

Going into Tuesday's action I was excited by the prospect of clawing my way to .500. Well, yesterday we tore right past the line of mediocrity and now have it firmly in our rearview mirror. A 10-3 day, including a successful inaugural Two-for-Tuesday wager, will do that for you. With the wind at our back, we now stand at a very healthy 29-23. More importantly, during our recent three day hot streak (21-8) we have hit upon a number of + moneyline winners. All that means is that you make more green every time you win. That is what we're here for. That concludes the chest-thumping for today (you never know when you'll get the chance to do it again). Let's take a look at today's afternoon action (mostly NL games). I'll be back with the evening contests later in the day.

Pittsburgh @ Houston - In a perfect world, this game would be played in an empty stadium in the Arctic and we'd never learn the outcome. Too bad the world is not perfect. I won't validate this series by making a pick.

Atlanta @ Chicago - Until these guys show me that they know where home plate is located, I'm going to continue to play the under in this series. The Cubs are trotting out a guy to make his first ever major league start and I'm not the slightest bit concerned. In fact, that reality helped move the u/o line up to 9.5 which works to our advantage. No way these JV offenses combine for double digit runs. Take the under. LOCK IT UP

Washington @ Colorado - For two days in a row, I went out on a limb thinking the Nats could win in Denver. For two days in a row, I came up one run short. This will not be a case of three times is a charm. I've learned my lesson and will be backing the Rockies today. The Nats are now an unsightly 9-31 on the road. Today's starter, Ross Detwiler, has a road stat line of 0-2, 8.40 with opponents batting .397 against him. The sweep is on, and in a big way. Take Colorado minus the 1.5 runs at +105. Final score alert: 8-3. LOCK IT UP

San Diego @ Arizona - YAWN! See Pittsburgh @ Houston.

Florida @ San Francisco - I am very tempted to walk out of the office and head down the street to AT&T Park for this one. It is a beautiful day in downtown SF Alas, I have important blogging to do. I know that Ryan Sadowski has pitched wonderfully in his first two career starts but how can you expect that to continue with any level of certainty? That said, the Giants have two big things going for them: (1) They are rock solid at home - 28-13; (2) Florida does not fare well against righties - 23-31. Take SF (-116) and hope Sadowski keeps rolling. 5-4. LOCK IT UP

Baltimore @ Seattle - I'm playing a major hunch here (my love for the Birds' young bats make me do that too often). The numbers point to Seattle. They knocked around David Hernandez last time they faced him. M's starter, Jason Vargas, is great at home (2-0, 1.67). Baltimore is sub-.500 vs. lefties. All that said, I think the O's hitters woke up last night and I expect that to carry over into today. Play the Orioles (+102) and my hunch for a satisfying victory. Go Birds! 7-5. LOCK IT UP

No comments:

Post a Comment