Monday, July 6, 2009

Kick Your Week Off With Some W's

Be forewarned: the following Locks may be beneficial to your bankroll. I'm feeling at least another 5 wins this evening. Let's get to it:

Atlanta @ Chicago - Two of the better starters (Jurrjens vs. Wells) in the NL thus far taking on two offenses that haven't displayed much potency. In fact, these teams rank 10th and 15th in scoring out of 16 National League teams. The Cubs get Aramis Ramirez back from a dislocated shoulder but don't expect him to turn this offense around that quickly. What the Cubs really need is to get the real Alfonso Soriano back from wherever he has gone. This one plays to the under (8.5 runs). LOCK IT UP

Cincinnati @ Philadelphia - There are many elements of this game that are tempting me to go with the Reds. A +146 moneyline; a very good Johnny Cueto pitching for Cincy; Cole Hamels scuffling through the worst stretch of his career, Phillies playing awfully at home this year; etc. However, some times you just have to play your gut. The Phils just swept the Pets this weekend and look to me to be getting their swagger back, They're Fucking In and the Reds are Fucking Out. Phils (-166) win 6-2. LOCK IT UP

Kansas City @ Detroit - First off, I don't trust Armando Galarraga one bit. He's too young, too wild and too inconsistent to try to win money on. Good thing for us that Gil Meche is starting opposite of him tonight. The Tigers big boys absolutely own Meche as demonstrated yet again when he didn't make it out of the 3rd inning against Detroit earlier this season. The Tigers are rolling and will continue to roll, BIG TIME. Take them minus 1.5 runs at +145. Final score 10-5. LOCK IT UP

Oakland @ Boston - This is another game that appears fairly straightforward on paper. I guess that is why the Sox are installed as -200 moneyline favorites. Yet, I haven't had any luck going with favorites in the -200 range lately and you can't really win much money on them either. Perhaps this is a desperate reach by a Yankee fan, but I'm going to take OakTown getting the plus 1.5 runs (-120). The few guys on Oakland that have faced John Smoltz have had some decent success. Plus, Brett Anderson had a decent start vs. Boston earlier this year. I'm already regretting this selection. LOCK IT UP

Pittsburgh @ Houston - Game not worth words or pick. Getting sleepy.

Washington @ Colorado - NOPE! No freaking way that I am getting on the Jason Marquis bandwagon. Especially at -210 (the most ridiculous moneyline of the season). Really? Did this guy morph into Tom Seaver when I wasn't looking? Not likely. More likely is the fact that he has a massive clunker stored up in that right arm of his. I'm not even taking the runs with the Nats. I'm going for the big score (+175). Those DC Demons take the game 5-4. LOCK IT UP

San Diego @ Arizona - See Pittsburgh @ Houston. Very sleepy.

Texas @ LAA - Far and away the Game of the Night. These guys are slowly building a saucy little rivalry. Neither Millwood nor Weaver looked very good against these opponents last Wednesday. Strictly based on venue, I am going to have to go with the Halos. Weaver is lights out in the land of Disney (5-1, 1.83). I think runs get scored here but LAA (-155) accounts for more of them, 7-5. LOCK IT UP

Baltimore @ Seattle - I wanted to take the O's; I really did. I tried to talk myself into taking them. I love the young bats. They have the AL East pedigree. Bergesen's been pitching very well. Then I noticed that you could pretty much get the same odds on Seattle at home with Washburn pitching. Seriously? That was enough to halt my Baltimore daydream. The under might be in play here as well if you are feeling lucky. I'll stick with the M's (-111) to win 4-3. LOCK IT UP

Florida @ SF - I love Matt Cain. Florida is a long way from Miami. The Giants offense will figure out Sean West the second time around. Sometimes it is just that easy. SF (-160) cruises to the 5-1 win. LOCK IT UP

No comments:

Post a Comment