Wednesday, July 1, 2009

THE HORROR.....THE HORROR

I've really gone and done it good this time. By going 0-4 in the early games I highlighted, I've made a boisterous proclamation that at least one of the two following statements is accurate:

  • Betting on baseball, regardless of how much you know, is exceedingly more difficult than any other sport.

  • I am a complete moron who completely overestimates his knowledge and feel for the game of baseball.

Undaunted, I will continue with my efforts to pick these games correctly in an effort to support the gambling habits of my readers. Are there any of you out there?

That said, I do think that the amazing level of parity being demonstrated this season, as well as the absolute atrociousness of the average major league bullpen, has made this a particularly tough campaign in which to make money. Gone are the days that you could pick the better team with the far better starting pitcher and cruise to victory. We've entered the realm of almost daily late inning comebacks of 4 or more runs. Perhaps it is time to shift to the first 5 inning lines for some of these games? I'll give it thought and look to begin to sprinkle in some of those picks in the days and weeks to come.

Hang in there loyal readers, I'm working to take the bumps out of this road. We'll be on fire before long.

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog! I will be placing a few bets based on your expert opinions.

    Keep plugging.

    ReplyDelete