Thursday, July 9, 2009

No Time to Chat...Early Games on Tap

I followed up a solid afternoon with a shaky evening yesterday. Right now, I'm scrambling to get you picks on three early games so the narrative will be kept to a minimum. I'll be back with some insight and the evening's picks a bit later. I'll also introduce our bank account tracker tool this afternoon.

NYY @ Minnesota - As I wrote yesterday, the Yankees dominate the Twins. I'm going to push my luck and predict the sweep for the Bombers. Aceves gets a spot start which is better than trotting Wang out there again. Liriano is still trying to get his head straight on the mound. Not something the Yanks will make easy. Money line is enticing as well. Take the Yanks (-110) to win. Final score is 6-4. LOCK IT UP

Cleveland @ Chicago - I have to stick with the hot hand here and predict another series sweep. Cleveland is the AL's answer to the Mets at this point. They can't get out of there own way. If there starting pitcher doesn't get shelled, then the bullpen will. I think the Tribe's offense will put up a fight in this one against Clayton Richard, but I think the ChiSox find a way to pull it out. 7-6. Take Chicago to win (-122). LOCK IT UP

St. Louis @ Milwaukee - By now you know how I feel about Pujols and LaRussa. No way they let Manny Parra shut them down in his return from the minors. Plus, the Cards are a great bounce back team and that was one tough loss last night. Look to the red birds to roll easily in this one. Take them minus 1.5 runs (+145) as they win 7-2. LOCK IT UP

No comments:

Post a Comment