Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thursday's Early Slate

Before I sift through the rubble that is yesterday's results, I offer a few quick-hitters for our Thursday afternoon games. By the way, there is nothing better for helping you slip through a work day on the West Coast than a handful of baseball games kicking off at 10 a.m.

NY at Milwaukee - The Pets couldn't break into the win column with Johan on the hill and an early 2-0 lead. What makes anyone think that they'll pull out a W against the Brewers' ace? Pelfrey will keep it close but the Crew pulls out a 5-2 win. Take the -1.5 runs on Milwaukee at -110.

TB at Toronto - Gonna keep riding the Ray train until it crashes. Shields is sketchy on the road and Romero is tough little lefty, but I'm staying with TB at -120. 4-3.

Detroit at Oakland - Verlander makes money. Period. I can't believe this line is Detroit -120. I'll take it happily. Detroit over Oakland 7-3.

Boston at Baltimore - Love the spunk shown by the O's bats against the Big's best bullpen. I think some of that confidence carries over. Plus the Sox pen is a bit gassed. Also like how this kid Bergesen pitches at Camden Fields. Minor upset here. Take O's +135. 6-5.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. What a site! I'm honored to be what looks like the first person to comment on your Absolute Locks, I Think blog. It's good.

    Man, you would think with all that insightful, colorful commentary you'd actually hit one game.

    0 for 4. Ouch.

    I love the site and can't wait to read "Friday's Early Slate".

    ReplyDelete